Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What a Difference

I've been trying to figure out when do my weigh ins and updates on my measurements.  I thought about doing a weekly weigh in and just post my "after" measurements when the program is over.  Then, "anal retentive" Katie came out.  If I did my weigh ins on Thursdays, then I would be weighing myself of the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and the 29th.  "Wait that would only be 29 days.   Should I skip the 29th and just do all my measurements for the week on the 30th?"  My mind swirled with worry.  I know, it's ridiculous!  To put this much thought into when to get on a scale, is just mind numbing.  I'm sorry, I just can't help it.  My mind is just funny like that.  Anyway, I came to the decision that I will go ahead and do a weigh in and take my measurements on the 11th, 21st and the 31st.  Why did I pick these days, you might ask?  Good question.  The 30 Day Shred DVD has 3 different workouts on it.  I have been doing level 1 all week and will start level 2 on the 11th, and I will start level 3 on the 21st.  I thought it would just make sense to do my measurements as I end one level and move to the next.  Again, I know I'm crazy for putting this much thought into all of this, but I'm pretty sure you're a bit nuts to have read this, haha.

Anyway, now that I've got all of that straightened out, I just wanted to say that I can already see and feel a difference in my body.  My muscles feel tighter and stronger.  I'm getting deeper in my squats and lunges (my daughter even noticed a difference in my movements, again she's 4, almost 5).  I, also, feel more held in, or something like that.  Before, I used to feel like I was spilling out and jiggling everywhere.  Now, I just feel firmer.  It's hard to explain.  Like I've said before, I still have a long way to go, but it feels GREAT to know that things are changing.  I can't wait to see how I look and feel at the end of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment